celebrity

The Spill: Thursday's best entertainment and gossip news.

1. Yikes. The Bachelor’s Lee Elliot has called MAFS’ Dean Wells a ‘chauvinistic bigot’.

When former MAFS ‘villain’ Dean Wells was announced as a contestant on Dancing With The Stars 2020, we weren’t the only ones who were surprised.

Former Bachelorette star and Georgia Love’s fiance, Lee Elliot, took to Instagram to share his opinion on the controversial reality TV star.

“When did this country start celebrating intolerable, sexist, chauvinistic bigots?” Lee wrote on his Instagram story.

Lee-Elliot-Instagram-Story
Image: Instagram/@leeroyelliott

In case you need a refresher, Dean was involved in one of the juiciest scandals on Married at First Sight when he cheated on his on-screen 'wife', Tracey Jewel, with fellow contestant Davina Rankin.

But it didn't stop there. After the season aired, Dean went back to pursuing Tracey by sending her X-rated text messages, which later aired on The Kyle and Jackie O Show. 

When Tracey appeared on the radio show in March 2018, she gave Jackie O permission to repeat the story behind the text messages.

“So he’s texting her and he goes, ‘Right now I’m sitting here in the corner of my bedroom and I am watching two people have sex in front of me',’’ said Jackie O. “And then he sends a picture of the girl.”

Dean also didn't do himself any favours when he played an April Fool’s prank at Tracey’s expense.

Last year, Dean shared an Instagram photo claiming the pair were back together.

“Despite our differences, and all that we have been through, in the long run it seems the experts may have got it right,” he wrote alongside a photo of him and Tracey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Let's hope Dean leaves all the drama off the dance floor when DWTS starts in February.

The Spill is Mamamia’s daily entertainment podcast that catches you up on everything in entertainment and pop culture. It’s snackable and perfect for your commute home. Post continues after podcast.

2. Oh, dear. The 2020 season hasn't even started yet and another MAFS contestant is upset about their portrayal.

Drama, drama, drama.

Married at First Sight doesn't even start for two more weeks but the chaos has already begun.

Mishel Karen is now the second participant to publically speak out about her portrayal on the show.

mafs 2020 cast
Image: Channel 9.
ADVERTISEMENT

Karen criticised the way she has been stereotyped as the 'single mum', without having any of her other achievements highlighted.

"Wow. I wonder if I was not a single mum would I be a responsible adult?

"I put my children before any man or person! I raised incredible humans and did a great job. I self-funded my post-graduate education," she writes.

23457262-7892677-image-m-19_1579135248122-1
Image: Instagram.

She follows by saying, "I am smart, intelligent and established my own financial security."

We have a feeling that the drama on this season is going to be bigger and better than ever. Oh, we cannot wait.

3. 'It's still something I have to contend with.' Prince Harry's ex-GF Cressida Bonas on life after dating a royal.

After the crazy royal week that was, (take a look here if you need a quick catch up), Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend, Cressida Bonas has commented on how dating a royal, or Harry more specifically, can impact on daily life - and we are somehow not surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking to Evening Standard, the actress said: "No one likes to be labelled," before sharing that she still deals with questions about the royal each day.

"The hurdles for me are when I’m trying to do my work and people want to talk about him.

"I work very hard and love what I do, but it is still something I have to contend with."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

@vfldn #eebaftas ???? @zoemcconnell.

A post shared by Cressida Bonas (@cressida_bonas_) on

When asked to comment on whether or not she could relate to the way Meghan was feeling, the 30-year-old declined out of respect for the couple.

"I wouldn’t take a position on that because it would be a headline. Also out of respect. It feels like a long time ago.

"When it comes up it’s strange because I’m in a different place."

4. The Bachelor's Simone Ormesher opens up about her post-baby depression and anxiety.

Bachelor in Paradise favourite Simone Ormesher has opened up in a raw Instagram post about her mental health struggles after giving birth to her first child.

The 27-year-old gave birth to her daughter, Gracie-Mae, in October last year, telling fans that she took the photo just one week later.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

View this post on Instagram

 

It’s a long one sorryyyyyy ???? Such a confronting thing to post I have sat here debating if I should or not and it’s abit strange taking a photo of yourself crying ???? but I took this photo at a very low point, Gracie-mae had just been born I think she just over a week old I had major anxiety and a little depressed if I am being honest, I’ve been saving this picture so I can look back at it and see how far I have come and to remind myself of how strong I am. People may think gosh you only had a baby stop moaning! But I struggled hard with my anxiety before I was pregnant it has always been pretty full on and managed it through fitness and staying healthy so when I just gave birth it plummeted and it was completely out of control and to not have my parents or anyone apart from Matt around me or a good support system I found it really tough! A women’s hormones are insane especially after birth they play tricks with you and you are on a roller coaster of emotions in this photo I was recovering, mum had just left to go back to the Gold Coast so we had no family and were struggling with money, Gracie-mae was crying and nothing I did was settling her and Matt had just gone back to work the reality of being a mum had hit home hard. I have always been independent, moved out of home very young and taken care of myself and only myself to then having a little human to care for it was very scary and confronting. I was sleep deprived and could not see the light at the end of the tunnel I felt lonely and a little trapped. BUT now! It’s still frinkin hard and there are days like yesterday that are a struggle but my bloody gosh how much easier it is and how good of a mum I am to Gracie I have really out done myself and am proud of myself, for all the mums who have just had a baby and are feeling like shit and a little flat I hope this help you ❤️ #mentalhealth

A post shared by Simi ???? (@simone.ormesher) on

"I took this photo at a very low point. Gracie-Mae had just been born, I think she [was] just over a week old. I had major anxiety and [was] a little depressed if I am being honest.

"I've been saving this picture so I can look back at it and see how far I have come and to remind myself of how strong I am."

People empathised with her sentiments in the comments, relating to the reality star's post.

"Thank you for being so bloody real, because this mum gig is hard, Social media tends to show it for its fakeness," one commented.

"This really resonates with me, thank you for sharing. Motherhood is so hard..." said another.

5. Thomas Markle, private texts and a 'smear campaign': What we know about Meghan Markle's Mail on Sunday lawsuit.

From Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to step down as senior members of the Royal Family to “crisis” talks over the couple’s future, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have certainly had a busy start to 2020.

Behind the scenes, however, there’s yet another challenge facing the couple.

In October 2019, just hours before the end of their South Africa tour, Prince Harry announced that Meghan was suing the Mail on Sunday for publishing a letter she wrote to her father, Thomas Markle.

ADVERTISEMENT

The civil lawsuit, which is against the newspaper and its parent company, accused the publication of copyright infringement and misuse of private information.

meghan markle court case
Image: Getty.

“Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences – a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son,” Harry wrote in a statement.

“There is a human cost to this relentless propaganda, specifically when it is knowingly false and malicious, and though we have continued to put on a brave face – as so many of you can relate to – I cannot begin to describe how painful it has been.”

In the statement, the Duke of Sussex explained that the legal action had been “months in the making”.

“There comes a point when the only thing to do is to stand up to this behaviour because it destroys people and destroys lives,” he said.

For more about Meghan Markle’s Mail on Sunday lawsuit, read our earlier article here. 

Feature Image: Instagram/@leeroyelliott and Instagram/@deanwells


For more gossip celebrity news, sign up for our "Mamamia Celebrity" newsletter. The best entertainment stories of the day to help you unwind.


00:00 / ???